Myrtle Beach, located in South Carolina, is one of the biggest destinations when it comes to vacationing under the sun with nothing but a bathing suit and a cold drink in hand. Myrtle Beach has sixty miles of soft sandy beaches and is home to some of the best oceanfront resorts and beach homes in the state. It’s a haven for those who want to plunk their toes in the sand, listen to live entertainment, and watch thrilling water sports. Plus, water parks, savoury restaurants and outlet malls will have you constantly enjoying the weather.
The Best Things to Do in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina:
If sitting by the sparkling freshwater Atlantic Ocean isn’t enough, then checking out some of the thousands of available activities is a great way to explore what the city has to offer. Here are some family friendly activities that anyone can enjoy:
- Pirate Adventures of Myrtle Beach: Is absolutely perfect if you have little ones with you! It’s geared towards smaller children as the pirate ship is interactive and tells a story over the course of a two hour ride. It has face painting, dress-up, a treasure chest, story telling and is great for birthdays or field trips.
- Ripley’s Aquarium Myrtle Beach
: Is a great way to get out of the heat and into a wondrous adventure that will be sure to cool you off. The aquarium has five attractions built within it that include: the aquarium, Ripley’s haunted adventure, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Ripley’s 4-D Moving Theatre and their Super Fun Zone.
- Scuba Express: If being under the water is more your thing than you can choose to go scuba diving where you can discover ship wrecks, and visit the fauna in the reefs below. If you’re not scuba dive certified than you can still experience within the on-site pool.
If none of the above are your taste, than there are piers, mall outlets, museums, pirate themed restaurants, zip lining and dolphin cruises and even private fishing charters!
The Best Places to Eat in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina:
When it comes to dining, Myrtle Beach does savoury culinary from family dining, to steakhouses to seafood, to pizza, burgers and even buffets! There are no shortages of choice when it comes to finding something that suits everyone in your group. Here are some of the top restaurants to check out:
- Aspen Grille
: Takes a chef driven atmosphere and low country specialities, serving up delicious dishes of prime steak and fresh market seafood!
- Banditos Restaurant and Cantina: Is located on the oceanfront, has live entertainment, after-hour drink specials, and serves up spectacular Mexican food!
- Beach Burgers: Nothing but the finest burgers and chips. Tasty ingredients, and a fresh take on what beach burgers are all about.
- Big Mike’s Soul Food: Is all about hearty food that is nothing short of fulfilling. Every dish is made with the finest ingredients, so that when you leave, you are stuffed and happy!
- Bubba’s Fish Shack
: Now if straight seafood is more your taste, Bubba’s Fish Shack is known for its Calabash fried fish, shrimp, fresh catch specials and oysters! They also service BBQ ribs, sandwiches, burgers, and massive salads.
The Best Places to Stay in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina:
There are plenty of choices when it comes to selecting an accommodation for your stay at Myrtle Beach considering there are beach hotels, oceanfront resorts, cozy beach homes, campgrounds, and even condominium rentals. Choosing one will be based on how many are in your group and if you drove down or not in an R.V. Here are some recommended places to stay:
- Indigo Inn: Has oceanfront units that feature private balconies! There is free Wi-Fi, on-site parking and an oceanfront pool, lounge and hot tub.
- Island Vista
: Has a great reputation when it comes to their award-winning dining and friendly efficient service. It is right along the beach, and has amazing views from the top floors!
- Landmark Resort Hotel: Is the all-in-one oceanfront resort with three bedroom penthouses, outdoor water park, mini gold course, indoor pool complex, a restaurant, free shuttle to the airport and even a lazy river!
- Myrtle Beach KOA Campground: Is perfect for those looking to bring along their pets and children as it is within walking distance of the amusement/water parks, gold courses, live entertainment and the beaches.
The Best Time to Travel to Myrtle Beach:
If you are looking to go when the sun is hot, and the beaches are crowded than going between the months of March-September is when the peak time is. But if you are looking for discounts on hotel rooms, and don’t mind the cooler climate, than going between November-February is the best time to go. During these months, golf courses remain open, and you can check out all of the activities including the beaches if you aren’t looking to sunbathe. Most of the hotels and activities stay open year round in Myrtle Beach, so finding a time to travel there will not be difficult!